Sunday, January 11, 2015

Best of Boxpunx number 17


Here's a model designed by Marshall Alexander and colored by me! I call him Pin-cushion. The model is called "Foldskool Heroes", and sadly, I get a 404 error when trying to access Marshall's site. I did a Google search for him and I couldn't find anything new. Wherever you are Marshall, I hope all is well!

Please get your parents permission before sticking pins into your papercraft.




When I first got back online after a long time away, I started watching these videos by the Angry Video Game Nerd. They are pretty popular, and I would see them pop up from time to time on the sidebar while searching and sifting through various gaming videos, but I skipped them for the longest time because I just couldn't imagine a show with such an outrageous logo could be entertaining. I was wrong. They are very entertaining, and do a great job of dialing into exactly what was wrong with the Nintendo entertainment system (the first one specifically) as well as game design in the 80s in general. If you've never watched the Nerd, here's one of my favorite episodes: Super Mario 3.